- 1 Cup – Almonds or your favorite nuts (Shelly’s Pineapple Jalapeno
Jelly with macadamia nuts blends two of Hawaii’s wonderful flavors.)
- 4 oz. – Shelly’s Hot Red Pepper Jalapeno or Pineapple Jalapeno Jelly
- 1/2 tsp. – Butter
Place almonds in a non stick frying pan over medium heat for a few
minutes. Stir them often and watch them closely until they are
toasted but not burning.Add the rest of the ingredients and continue to cook and stir until
nuts are nicely coated and all the liquid is sticking to the nuts.
Remove pan from heat and spread nuts on a sheet, pan or plate that
is sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Spread them out so that
they can cool separately and don’t all clump together.
- These snacks are very simple and easy hors d’oeuvres to serve in pretty bowls at your next house party.
- Try chopping and sprinkling them over crackers spread with cream cheese and a teaspoon of your favorite Shelly’s Jalapeno Jelly. Arrange these delicious party favors on one of your favorite serving plates.
- Mix them into trail mix. Add them to granola with yogurt for a little kick at breakfast. Sprinkle them on salad.
- Line a gift box or tin with waxed paper and give them as a homemade gift.